Suggestions for topics?

Are there any topics you’d like to see addressed in an online class with one of our contributors? Please feel free to post ideas for topics and pair them with resources. Make a problem solving wish list for us, we’ll see what we can do!

Hi Emily, I would find a lecture by Dr Deb on starting young horses super interesting particulalry on when to start and how much to do and what to focus on, particularly from a biomechanical point of view. I know she says, start a horse at 4, do a bit more with them at 5, and put them on the pay role at 6, but when she says start them at 4 what does that entail? And are there certain exercises she recommends for a young horse? I was told by a vet that raised walk/trot poles are great for strengthening the core for example. I compete in jumping so are there things I should be doing or not doing? Work load times per training, number of trainings per week, time off etc. I have been told by many people different, and most of these people have no qualification or facts to support their reasoning.

Also would love to hear techniques on how to help a horse to own its birdy.

1 Like